Mastering how to reset Furbo can be a game-changer for pet owners since it helps in troubleshooting connectivity issues, resolving software glitches, or simply preparing your device for a new user. So, learning the reset process is essential if you want to continue Furbo’s smooth operation. In this guide, we will be discussing practical solutions for common Furbo problems, from performing a hard reset to addressing more intricate issues like insufficient power supply or connectivity challenges. Our step-by-step approach ensures that your Furbo functions optimally, keeping you connected with your furry friend. So, stay tuned for expert tips on enhancing your Furbo experience, ensuring seamless interaction and monitoring of your pet, no matter where you are.
Why Do you Need to Reset your Furbo?
You will need to reset your Furbo in order to deal with certain circumstances like connectivity issues, software glitches and so on. Here, we have listed all those occasions briefly.
- Connectivity Issues: To resolve problems with connecting to your Wi-Fi network, which is essential for the Furbo to function properly.
- Software Glitches: To fix any software-related malfunctions, such as unresponsive app interfaces or camera feed issues.
- After Firmware Updates: Resetting is sometimes required to ensure new firmware updates are fully integrated and functional.
- Preparation for New Users: Resetting is essential for clearing all previous settings and data, making the Furbo ready for a new owner.
- Resolving Irregular Behavior: If the camera isn’t providing a live feed as expected, you will have to reset Furbo.
- Restoring Factory Settings: Helps in bringing the device back to its original state, often solving underlying problems causing suboptimal performance.
- Enhanced Device Performance: Regular resets can maintain the Furbo’s optimal functionality, ensuring a reliable pet monitoring experience.
When you notice one of these problems, give the device some time and check whether it can come back to its normal operation. If it is unable, go for resetting.
How to Reset Furbo?
To reset your Furbo dog camera, the simplest approach is to use its reset button. In case you have already set up the Furbo Dog Camera, you have to remove Furbo from the account, too. Here’s how you can reset and remove from the account effectively:
- Locate the Reset Button: Find the reset button on the back of your Furbo device. It’s usually a small, recessed button.
- Use a Paperclip or Similar Tool: Straighten a paperclip or use a similar small, pointed object. You’ll need this to press the reset button.
- Press and Hold the Reset Button: Gently insert the paperclip into the reset hole and press firmly. Hold this for about 20 seconds. Then, you should wait until the color of the light on the front of the Furbo changes to green.
- Remove Device: To remove the device from the account, go to the menu in the Furbo app. After that, select the particular camera you want to remove. Finally, you can click on the ‘Remove Device’ button at the bottom of the screen.
How to Fix: Furbo Hard Reset is Not Working
In case Furbo hard rest is not working to solve the issues we discussed above, the following solutions can be recommended.
- Inspect Power Source: Verify the power supply at the outlet. An insufficient power supply can impede the reset process. Thus, use a multimeter to check the outlet’s voltage. If it’s low, it may be necessary to engage an electrician for resolution.
- Switch Power Adapters: Examine the Furbo’s power adapter for any damage or wear. If it appears compromised, substituting it with a different adapter can ensure the Furbo receives the necessary power.
- Clean the Device: Accumulated dust and grime might obstruct the unit’s functionality. A thorough cleaning of the Furbo can help in restoring its responsiveness.
- Ensure Stable Connectivity: To tackle connectivity-related issues, you are advised to take these actions.
- Restart the Furbo app on your smartphone, then attempt reconnection.
- Disconnect the Furbo, wait for about 30 seconds, then reconnect it.
- Switch your smartphone’s connection from Wi-Fi to mobile data (or vice versa) and try again.
- If problems persist, attempt to connect using a different smart device.
- Seek Professional Assistance: In cases where the problem might be due to specific software or device compatibility issues, reaching out to Furbo’s customer support is advised for specialized help.
You May Also Like