While PS Now is significantly less prevalent in the gaming industry than Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus, it has acquired over 2.2 million customers worldwide since its first introduction in 2014. Sony’s membership gives you access to an extensive collection of streaming games. However, not everyone is a fan of it; if you’ve reached this article, you’re probably asking how to cancel your PlayStation Now subscription.
Many users take advantage of the PlayStation Now 7-day free trial, while others pay for monthly, quarterly, or annual subscriptions. To terminate your Playstation Now membership before the next renewal period, follow the steps in this guide. Even so, you’ll need to follow the steps outlined below to prevent having to pay for the next pay period.
What is PlayStation Now?
PlayStation Now is a cloud gaming subscription service from Sony Interactive Entertainment. On PS4 and PS5 consoles and PC devices, gamers may stream PlayStation titles from Sony’s entire catalogue. You’ll get access to a library of over 800 classic games from the PS2-PS5 era as long as you don’t cancel your PS Now subscription.
If you possess a PS4, you should know that you cannot play PS3 or PS2 games directly on your PS4. However, we all have old games that we want to play on our PS4, but when we insert the disc, it pauses and does not show us anything, and the game does not even start.
So, if you want to take advantage of the attractive opportunity to play all games, you must first get a PlayStation Now membership and begin playing classic old games. Playing PS3 games on the PS4 does not necessitate the use of a physical disc. They continually add hundreds of new PS3 and PS2 titles to the service, so you will never be bored.
How To Cancel Playstation Now?
Let’s jump to the main query for How To Cancel Playstation Now? PlayStation has implemented a straightforward function that allows you to deactivate the multiple subscriptions associated with your PlayStation Network account.
To terminate your subscription, go to your account details page on your console or website. However, before learning How to Unsubscribe from PlayStation Now, ensure your console gets connected to the Internet and PSN.
To terminate your PlayStation Now membership on your PS4 or PS5, follow these steps:
- Go to the PlayStation 4 home screen, then expand the menu along the top of the screen. Select “Settings” from that menu.
- Navigate to “Account Management” from the Settings page.
- Select “Account Information” from the Account Management screen.
- Scroll down to “PlayStation Subscriptions” on the Account Information screen.
- “PlayStation Now Subscription” should be selected. A screen containing information about your PlayStation Now membership is displayed. You’ll want to take note of the service’s expiration date, as that’s how long you’ll have access to it after cancelling.
- The following page indicates that the auto-renewal feature for PlayStation Now is disabled. At the bottom of this screen, click “Turn Off Auto-Renew.” A box appears asking whether you wish to disable PlayStation Now auto-renewal. Select “Yes.” Select “OK.”
Via Playstation Website
For cancelling the subscription of PlayStation Now by website, follow the following steps:
- First, sign in to your Sony account. Navigate to the Account Management section.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions tab.
- Turn off auto-renewal for PlayStation Now by clicking Turn Off Auto-Renewal.
- Confirm that you want to cancel your automatic membership, and you’re finished.
Via Playstation Mobile App
For canceling the subscription of PlayStation Now through mobile, follow the following steps:
- Get the PlayStation app for Android or iOS and install it. After that, log in to your account.
- To access the PlayStation Store tab, tap the PlayStation Store icon. In the upper-right corner of the screen, tap the smiling icon.
- The management of subscriptions will get demonstrated.
- Next to PlayStation Now, tap Disable automatic renewal.
- Confirm your selection, and you’re finished.
Possible Issues That Can Occur while cancelling Playstation now
Now you know how to cancel PlayStation now, but still, unexpected occurrences may occur in various specific scenarios. These occurrences are preventing you from successfully deactivating your PlayStation Now subscription.
Even though these are rare occurrences, some people nonetheless suffer these problems. In a crisis, go to the official PlayStation support site and provide a little know-how of your issue in the search box at the bottom. As a result, the website will explain what you might do, help others comprehend the solution, and suggest how an individual may proceed independently.
To begin, type “Disable PS now” into the search box and then click on the device icon you’re using. Scroll down the page and pick the PlayStation Now subscription and cancellation option. Perfect, the portal will now offer you all of the information you need to terminate your membership.
If you wish to cancel PlayStation Now, follow the instructions in our thorough tutorial above. Take note, though, that you are eligible for a PS Now refund if you purchase the service via the PlayStation Store within 14 days.
The amount of the refund varies based on how long you’ve been using the program. You may submit a refund request or read PlayStation’s cancellation policy for more details on the refund procedure. If you have the following goods on hand, that would be ideal:
- You must have a PSN online ID.
- You must have a signed-in ID.
- Must know your DOB
- You should be aware of the name of the purchase that you wish to return.
Your refund request will get completed as soon as possible; however, verification may take up to 72 hours. If someone attempts to download the game onto their console, their request will get refused, and you will get informed.
To conclude, from above, you come to know about cancelling the PlayStation Plus Subscription. However, your PS Now subscription will terminate if it does not receive payment when it is due. All PS Now games will be unavailable to you unless you purchase them separately or reactivate your membership.
More on Deepmartinfo.com: Why my Ps4 so loud? we have discussed this here.